RCP attended the official opening of 60 King William Street on Monday 20 November 2023. The first 100% electric, net-zero emissions-enabled building for Adelaide and Charter Hall.
Designed by Cox Architecture, the ‘workplace experience’ is at the heart of Adelaide’s landmark development. It incorporates the careful retention and restoration of the State Heritage listed Sands and McDougall façade and features 13-levels of A-Grade office space and 1,700sqm of premium retail, food, and lifestyle space on the ground floor. Ground level retail space, now known as King’s Lane, connects King William Street through a central mall to James Place. Tenants benefit from a touchless secure entrance, touchless bathroom amenities, a wellness centre, electric vehicle charging, a business hub, efficient 3,000m² floor plates, and the first sky lobby in Adelaide.
Sustainability is at the core of the development, with the project achieving industry-leading standards, including 6-Star Green Star, 5-Star NABERS Energy ratings, 6-Star NABERS Waste rating, 5-Star NABERS Indoor Environment rating, and WELL Platinum certification.
The building has been carefully designed to utilise natural light and state-of-the-art air purification systems to support the health and wellbeing of tenants. Integrating an all-electric mechanical central plant, climate-friendly refrigerant and powered by 100% renewable energy, the development will operate at net zero emissions setting a new sustainability benchmark for the industry.
RCP provided full project management and specialist programming services for the 60 King William Street mixed-use development.
RCP Director and Project Director for 60 King William Street, Tom Dalrymple, said “This was an incredibly interesting project to work on and was the second successful project completed for Charter Hall with Built. The previously completed GPO Exchange was an incredible building and 60 King William raises the bar further creating a new benchmark for office buildings in the Adelaide CBD.”
Cutting-edge technology is at the cornerstone of all design decisions, creating an environment that is intelligent, productive, and active.
Setting a new standard in workplace design, 60 King William will offer industry leading technologies enabling our tenant customers to work productively and experience a frictionless workday.
60 King William has been developed under a carbon neutral framework, it will be net zero in operations.
- Targeting a 6 star NABERS waste rating
- Targeting a 5 star NABES energy rating
- Targeting a 4 Star NABERS water rating
- Targeting a 6 Star Green Star rating for Office
- Targeting a Platinum WELL certification for the 60 King William Precinct
- Targeting a 6 Star Indoor Environment Quality rating ensures a healthy space for our people.
- Ultra-Violet Bacterial Elimination and excellent ventilation ensures optimal environments
- 50 Bike parks supporting an active and healthy commute for our tenant customers
- 70 luxury showers will provide tenant customers a space to freshen up before, during or after the workday
- 302 Smart lockers, bookable via the Charli App, provide touchless access using a mobile phone
- 2 Gender Neutral Bathrooms provided ensure an inclusive environment where diversity is supported
RCP is currently performing project management and programming services for Charter Hall in Brisbane for 360 Queen Street.