Client: Foundation Theatres Pty Limited
Value: $90 million
Project Timeframe: 2022 – 2025
Services Provided: Project Management, Programming
- Broadway-style theatre that can change in size to accommodate smaller audiences.
- Comedy and live entertainment theatre with flexibility to accommodate immersive and interactive theatrical works.
- Demolition and construction will be undertaken in a complex live environment.
RCP has been appointed by Foundation Theatres to manage the delivery of the redevelopment of the existing 4000 seat Event Centre at The Star Sydney into a new two-theatre complex.
The new theatre complex will feature:
- a 1550 seat Broadway-style theatre on two levels capable of hosting large scale musicals, dance, drama, concerts, ballet and opera with a full fly system and orchestra pit (New Theatre)
- 1000 seat comedy and live entertainment theatre capable of hosting comedy, live music, cabaret, plays and small-scale productions (Live Room).
The New Theatre will have a stage and facilities that are capable of hosting leading complex productions and the Live Room will also provide a new performance space for Sydney’s burgeoning performing arts scene.