|Client: Consolidated Properties, Aurizon, Charter Hall||Time: November 2017 – April 2018|
|Value: Total development cost $158m||Services Provided: Programme Auditing, Independent Certification|
- Relocation of Aurizon Headquarters from 175 Eagle Street to 900 Ann Street
- Construction of a new 19,000sqm (NLA) commercial A-grade office building over 14 floors
- 200 sqm of retail accommodation and 280 sqm of integrated community space
- End of trip facilities comprising 153 bicycle parking and 103 secure car park spaces
- Achieved a 5 Star Green Star Office Design v3 rating and is registered for a Green Star Office As Built v3 rating
- Charter Hall is the owner and manager of 900 Ann Street
RCP was appointed in late 2015 to act as the Independent Certifier (IC) in relation to the construction and occupation by Aurizon of 900 Ann Street.
The IC role requires RCP to act independently and impartially with respect to the certification of monthly payment claims, progress of the works in line with the approved project programme, delivery of the project in line with the contract documents (the AFL, Development Agreement, Project Brief, Building Contract) so that the project is delivered in line with the agreed programme, against the approved budget and in full compliance with the contract documents.
Acting as the IC, RCP has the authority under the IC Deeds that have been executed by all parties to make determinations to resolve disputes that arise throughout the life of the project. The types of disputes that can arise and which RCP can be asked to make a determination on includes time, cost and quantity related issues associated with the development of the building by Consolidated Properties Group, the future occupation of the building by Aurizon as the tenant, and the ownership of the completed building by Charter Hall.