|Client: Eureka Funds Management||Value:$300m|
|Services Provided: Project Management, Project Programming, Tenancy Co-ordination|
- Staged redevelopment of iconic regional shopping centre
- Project divided into 6 key construction zones
- Construction undertaken whilst centre continues to trade
- Creation of new parallel mall and refurbishment of existing mall
- New additional department store
- Total reconfigured and refurbishment of existing department store
- New additional supermarket
- Relocation of existing supermarket
- Relocation of two existing discount department stores
- 30,000m2 of new retail space
- 900 new carparks
- Major external roadworks and service diversions
RCP worked with Eureka and the project design team from the development of design documentation through to the tendering and negotiation of the D&C contract. This included managing the preparation of the contract and tender documentation, in addition to calling for and managing the D&C EOI, tender process, contract negotiations and award.
Works commenced on site in January 2012 for the expansion and refurbishment of this iconic Brisbane suburban retail hub. The development was undertaken in one line with numerous sub stages and included the addition of new 30,000m2 retail space comprising a new mall and fresh food area; 14,200m2 David Jones department store; new supermarket; additional parking spaces; significant upgrades to external facades; and a facelift for existing retail precincts within the centre.
RCP’s project management duties also relate to the management and coordination of the two Department Stores, two Supermarkets and two Discount Department Stores as well as the numerous new and existing specialty tenants.
RCP also provided a formal programming role on this project including design documentation programme; assessment and recommendation of tender programmes; macro construction programme; audit services and monthly project progress reports. The redeveloped centre comprises 115,000m2 of retail space and houses approximately 340 retailers. The project was completed in 2014.