Townsville City Council
- Cost $4.6m
- Elevated timber viewing platforms
- Timber boardwalks and floating pontoon
- Entrance features to park and precincts
- Upgraded access road and car parking
- Water sensitive urban design facility
- Picnic, playground areas and shelters
- Central walkways to park with gardens and amphitheatres
- Double avenue street planting, community gardens and terracing
Townsville City Council engaged RCP in April 2010 to provide project management services for the Riverway Upper Ross Community Hub (RURCH) Apex Park, the third stage of Council’s internationally recognised Riverway project. RCP has been involved in all stages of Riverway since the project’s inception in 2004.
Apex Park is targeted to be a focal point for community useable space and is an initiative in ecological sensitivity and river management while simultaneously providing the local community with access to waterfront activities in an environmentally unique space.