Public Private Partnership
- 450 beds
- Emergency services
- Comprehensive cancer centre, including radiotherapy & chemotherapy
- Specialised medical and surgical services, including neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, maxillofacial surgery, a major trauma service & paediatrics
- Maternity services, including a special care nursery for unwell newborns
- Rehabilitation service
- Mental health unit
- Renal service
- Interventional & diagnostic clinical support services, including a PET scanner for diagnosing certain types of cancer & cardiac catheterisation laboratories
- Ambulatory care (outpatient) services
- Allied health services
RCP was engaged to provide programming services to Queensland Health on the new state of the art 450 bed Sunshine Coast Public University Hospital, opened in early 2017. The Hospital will have the ability to ultimately expand to 900 beds.
RCP was appointed by Qld Health to perform detailed programming services to monitor the progression of works on site being carried out by Lend Lease. In addition, RCP has engaged to plan the operational readiness procedures to be ready for the hospital opening. Sequencing is being provided by RCP for training, communication, HR, IT functions, management inductions and commissioning. RCP produced detailed schedules through discussions with the many stakeholders at numerous delivery team meetings and provided monitoring and updating on a fortnightly basis.