Avant Insurance Limited
- Existing commercial office building
- Office fit-out
In October 2013 RCP (through its South Australian subsidiary) was engaged by Avant Insurance Limited to undertake the role of project manager to coordinate the design and construction of the fitout, and relocation of the Adelaide office from 108 King William Street, Adelaide to 195 Melbourne Street, North Adelaide.
Avant’s lease ended in March 2014, which put immediate pressure on the program from the date of RCP’s engagement. The project was designed, tendered, and constructed ahead of program and 20% under budget.
Acting as project manager, RCP’s scope of services during the course of the project included:
- Development of master program
- Tendering of design consultants and managing design team
- Development of procurement plan
- Chairing design meetings and workshops
- Chairing value management workshops
- Tendering of head contract and managing construction
- Tendering of loose furniture/ workstations packages and managing the delivery/ installation
- Coordination of design and construction process to meet the client’s and landlord’s requirements
- Management of the development approval process (planning, building rules consent, and development approval)