March 2018 – 2020
- 20,000m² manufacturing facility and workshop
- 9,100m² warehouse facility
- 3,100m² office building including canteen
- 4,000m² Rheinmetall Electronics (RME) facility
- electro-magnetic compatibility (EMC) facility
- fuelling facility and wash-bay areas
- instrumented compliance track
- weapons test firing range
Rheinmetall Defence Australia was awarded the Department of Defence’s $5.2 billion LAND 400 Phase 2 project to supply the Australian Army with its next generation of combat reconnaissance vehicles.
Rheinmetall Defence Australia has relocated its Australia-New Zealand Headquarters to Redbank, Ipswich, and has established a MILVEHCOE that will deliver the 211 Boxer combat reconnaissance vehicles under the LAND 400 Phase 2 contract and Rheinmetall’s other defence projects.
RCP’s role involved the development of a concept master programme, review of contractor’s design and construction programme, audit programming services, carrying out monthly programme monitoring/status inspections and monthly status reporting.
Watpac secured the managing contractor role to construct the facility, which was delivered in 2020.